Sunday, January 23, 2011

Le Dimanche


Today I slept in. When I finally woke up I meet up with some friends for lunch at the Palais de Chaillot with a beautiful view of le Tour Eiffel. While they had crêpes with ham, I had a more substantial panini fromage with tomatoes. Next, since it was really cold we decided to find something nearby to do in inside. Luckily right next to us was Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine, which houses a lot of Romanesque, and Medieval and Modern architecture. After walking around the museum for a while, we were in need of some refreshments, so we headed across la Place de Trocadero to le Pâtisserie Carette and had espressos and macarons. It is now my goal to try as many different macarons as I can. Next on the list is Ladurée.

After the big day I had yesterday and the fact that most non-tourist things are closed on Sundays, I decided that it was probably a good idea to head back home for the day. When I got home I meet my host "parents" children, two daughters, with whom they had lunch. They seem very nice and I look forward to spending time with them in the future. Tonight I am staying in and having dinner with the parents. Tomorrow morning I am going to venture out to purchase school supplies, at believe it or not, Office Depot, a welcome experience after spending an hour wandering around trying to find what I need. After that, I will grad a quick lunch and then I have to go to my intensive French class, which is meeting to walk around le Marais, the oldest part of Paris and the old Jewish quarter, that still has the narrow and circuitous streets that most people stereotypically associate with old European cities.  

Le Tour Eiffel
Madone et enfant
Jésus-Christ
Des Macarons

No comments:

Post a Comment